On 24th September 2012, GSF became a member of Comité 21. This association is the leading sustainability network in France. Since its creation, and following on from the RIO conference of 1992, the association aims to support its members in the operational implementation of the concept.
This membership confirms GSF’s CSR commitment, a policy initiated in 2005 with the signature of the Global Compact, and illustrates the Group’s desire to share its best practices and embrace this international association.
Our membership of the Global Compact meets GSF’s concern for socially fair, ecologically sound and economically effective development, and meets the demands of some of our customers. By embracing this programme, companies pledge to integrate the 10 principles of the Compact in their operational practices :
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights ;
- Make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses ;
- Respect freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining ;
- Elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour ;
- Effective abolition of child labour ;
- Elimination of discrimination in employment and occupation ;
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges ;
- Undertake initiatives to promote environmental responsibility ;
- Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies ;
- Work against corruption in all its forms.
These principles are inspired by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Declaration of the International Labour Organisation and the Rio Declaration on the Environment and Development.